Sunday, October 24, 2004

Intro

So I guess this is where I start my novel.

As a crappy and struggling writer, I've always failed to write anything more than five or six pages - at most. The longest thing I've written to date is probably "A Room Without Windows" (which is a very impromptu title), and that was maybe 22 pages. Double spaced. Which amounts to maybe 10. The word count on that sucker was maybe 5000. In attempt at self-fullfillment and gratification, and since I struggle so much with writing, I...

Crap, Southpark is on. I can't concentrate with words like "penis" and "vagina" and "nerve endings" flying in the air. Okay, it's done. Now then.

...and since I struggle so much with writing, I thought it'd be a good idea to participate in something that'll challenge me and push me into actually _doing_ something big and grand. So I'm signing up with the National Novel Writer's Month. Hopefully, I can meet the November 5th deadline with the 50,000 word count. Which means if I write for 20 days, I have to write 2500 words a day. Which is In. Freaking. Sane. But I need something like this in my life, and there's no plan like the present, and no excuse except a competition where you win absolutely nothing.

November 1st and an attempt at 50,000 words, here I come.

3 Comments:

At November 12, 2005 at 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog peter. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of easy guitar song and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on easy guitar song. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit Intro again!!

 
At November 13, 2005 at 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog peter. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of guitar tab and chord and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on guitar tab and chord. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit Intro again!!

 
At November 14, 2005 at 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi peter your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on guitar tab and chord I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to Intro, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about guitar tab and chord. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at guitar tab and chord. You never know you may find some good deals!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home